The Low GWP refrigerant program manual covers:
- Refrigerant safety
- Introduction to Low GWP refrigerants
- Refrigerant properties and characteristics
- The refrigeration cycle
- Working with refrigerant blends
- Proper installation and service guidelines
- Flammable refrigerant considerations
- Explanation of the associated codes and standards for A2L refrigerants
View a sample of the training manual.
Registered Proctors can review a digital version of the manual by
and visiting the resource center.
PowerPoint presentation: The instructor resource materials include 2 PowerPoint presentations (one for each Section), 208 slides in all, that correlate directly
with the training manual. Each slide within the presentation contains speaker notes that are designed to aid the instructor through the presentation and provide additional talking points.
The Low GWP Refrigerant Safety - A2L Refrigerants examination validates that a person possesses the knowledge to safely work with low GWP refrigerants and helps reduce liability.
The 50-question, closed-book exam covers the following competencies:
- General Flammable Refrigerant Safety Knowledge
- Core ACR Knowledge
- Flammable System Service Safety
- Flammable System Installation Safety
- Flammable Refrigerant Transportation and Handling Safety