HVAC Excellence, founded in 1994, enhances technical competencies through validated education. By continually setting and verifying program standards,
we help ensure that our future and incumbent workforce is well-prepared to meet ever-changing industry challenges.
Programmatic accreditation is an independent, non-governmental, third-party review of educational program(s). The process of programmatic accreditation aims to validate that established standards of excellence for an educational program are met. These standards are designed to ensure that the future workforce receives the quality training required to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for success in the industry.
It is important to note that programmatic accreditation is not the same as institutional accreditation. While institutional accreditation evaluates the educational institution as a whole, considering aspects such as governance, administration, finances, and the institution's educational mission, programmatic accreditation specifically focuses on the quality and standards of individual programs within the institution.
Accreditation standards encompass various aspects of the program, including the program's mission, administrative responsibilities, finances and funds, student services, instructional design, program elements, physical facilities, equipment and tools, cooperative training opportunities, and instructor qualifications. These standards are carefully examined to assess the program's compliance with the established criteria for quality and effectiveness.
Types of Programmatic Accreditation
HVAC Excellence provides third-party accreditation for educational programs in various disciplines, including:
- Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Green Mechanical Systems (GMS)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR)
Educational institutions can apply for programmatic accreditation in any of these three disciplines or a combination of them. The accreditation process ensures that these programs meet established standards of excellence and provide students with high-quality training in their respective fields.
Benefits of Programmatic Accreditation
Accreditation offers numerous benefits, including:
- Assurance that the program meets industry standards.
- A powerful recruitment tool to boost program enrollment.
- Ensures course and program validity, easing the transfer of credits.
- Provides a goal-setting path for self-improvement and program growth.
- Assists in establishing articulation agreements with educational and industry partners.
- The Mechanical Service Contractors of America “MSCA” has named HVAC Excellence as its partner for technician recruitment.
- Through an articulation agreement with the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices, Graduates may be eligible for advanced placement opportunities into their apprenticeship program.
- Accredited programs are listed in a public directory.
If you have any questions about accreditation, we invite you contact our team at 800 394-5268.