Application and Review Process
The following instructions will provide an approximate timeframe for each step of the accreditation process.
Dependent upon your response time, the process may be completed in as little as 90 days or can take as long as 6 months.
- The school submits their completed application for accreditation with the application fee to HVAC Excellence.
- An HVAC Excellence accreditation team member is assigned to work with the school throughout the process.
- An accreditation manual is sent to the school.
- The school completes the Self-Study and submits three (3) copies to HVAC Excellence for review. The Self-Study copies may be sent: digitally saved on a USB flash drive,
or on paper in 3 ring binders to HVAC Excellence 1350 W. Northwest Hwy, Mount Prospect, IL 60056. Average time for completion is 120 days.
- The HVAC Excellence accreditation review board will assess the Self-Study and documents. Average completion time is between 15 and 20 days, with a maximum of 45 days.
- The onsite evaluation must be scheduled for a time while classes are in session and students are present. Average time is between 15 and 20 days, with a maximum of 60 days.
- If HVAC Excellence finds the Self-Study and its accompanying documents acceptable, an onsite evaluation team will be selected, and a visitation will be scheduled for the one-day onsite visit.
- Members of the HVAC Excellence accreditation team will conduct a one-day onsite evaluation of the program to verify all of the information contained within the Self-Study.
- The HVAC Excellence accreditation review board assesses the onsite evaluation report and makes a final determination. Average time is 30 days, with a maximum of 45 days.
- $500.00 is due with the accreditation application.
- $1,500.00 is due after review and acceptance of the Self-Study but prior to scheduling the onsite visit.
Actual expenses for the following will be invoiced upon completion of the onsite evaluation.
- $600.00 team honorarium per member (2 person team).
- Airfare and/or car mileage
- Baggage Fees
- Airport Parking
- Transportation to and from airport
- Ground Transportation (plus fuel)
- Actual lodging expenses
Note: If the school cancels a scheduled onsite visit after the scheduled agreed upon date, the school shall be responsible for any fees and expenses incurred as a result
of the cancellation. A future onsite visit will not be scheduled until the fees associated with the cancellation have been paid.