Using narrated animations, trainees are introduced to the basics of calculating area, perimeter, circumference, and volume, as well as how to calculate the weight of common
construction materials. 3D models of components are used to assist in visualizing these concepts.
As part of this course, trainees complete several Knowledge Checks to validate their training and identify subject areas where additional review/training are recommended.
A certificate of completion will be provided to all participants who successfully complete the course.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Calculating the area and perimeter of rectangles, squares, and triangles
- Applying the Pythagorean theorem to right triangles
- Calculating the circumference and area of a circle
- Calculating the area of various shapes
- Calculating the weight of a substance by volume or area
- Estimating the weight of different loads and construction materials