This course explains the differences between spark and combustion engines and details how the two and four stroke versions of these engines work for each ignition type.
3D models and animations are used extensively with cutaway views showing components and theory of operation for two or four stroke engines. In addition to engine operation,
many supporting systems such as turbo chargers and fuel injection systems are also described.
As part of this course, trainees complete several Knowledge Checks and other exercises to validate their training and identify subject areas where additional review/training
are recommended. A certificate of completion will be provided to all participants who successfully complete the course.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Basic operation of internal combustion engines
- Components and operation of 2-stroke compression ignition engines
- Components and operation of 4-stroke compression ignition engines
- Components and operation of 2-stroke spark ignition engines
- Components and operation of 4-stroke spark ignition engines