This course explains the underlying electrical theory, equipment components for common types of AC motors and generators. Detailed 3D models are used with animations to assist in
visualizing the concepts.
As part of this course, trainees complete several Knowledge Checks and other exercises to validate their training and identify subject areas where additional review/training are
recommended. A certificate of completion will be provided to all participants who successfully complete the course.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Basic AC alternator components
- Output frequency of two and fourpole alternators
- Singlephase and threephase AC alternators
- Synchronizing alternators
- AC synchronous motor operation
- Operation of a singlephase AC induction motor
- AC motor speed control